NJSSC Racing Programs
- The New Jersey Ski & Snowboard Council offers several different racing programs which are open to members of all clubs.
NJSSC State Race
- Adult Race Date – February 3, 2018 at Pico Mountain, Vermont
- Junior Race Date – February 3, 2018 at Pico Mountain, Vermont
- Team race that consists of a one run slalom and one run giant slalom. Team consists of five women and six men. Clubs may enter more than one team. Results based on best three women and best four men time in each run. Racer may not finish first run or disqualify and still count for second run for team score. All racers get a commemorative T-shirt. Party after race at Pico to announce results. Awards and other prizes given out at end-of-year race party in April. All prizes given away lottery style. Winning men’s, women’s, and combined team get to keep perpetual trophy for year.
- All racers get a commemorative T-shirt.
- Party after race at Pico to announce results.
- Awards and other prizes given out at end-of-year race party in April. All prizes given away lottery style. Winning men’s, women’s, and combined team get to keep perpetual trophy for year.
- Please read all needed forms below and send back to Joel Blank at [email protected]
- 2018 State Race News Letter and Sign-Up Form
- 2018 State Race Tee Shirt Form
- NJSSC Liability Release Form for the State Race
- Pico Liability Release Form for the State Race
- NJSSC STATE RACE RESULTS
2018 New Jersey Ski & Snowboard Council Junior Race
- February 3, 2018 at Pico Mountain, Vermont
- Open to all Juniors 18 years or younger who are children of NJSSC members
- Age categories: Under 12, 13 to 15, and 16 to 18
- Registration fee includes lift ticket, awards, and entry to post race party
- Registration form for your club no later than January 31, 2018
- Please read all needed forms below and send back to John Mc Andris at [email protected]
- 2018 Junior State Race Letter
- 2018 Junior State Race Registration Form
- 2018 Junior State Race Liability Form
- NJSSC Liability Release Form
- The annual Stanley Sharaga Memorial President’s Race is held each year. The race honors the memory of a Stanley Sharaga, a past President of the New Jersey Ski & Snowboard Council.
- Click here for a flyer for the President’s Race. (Not available)
- Click here for a registration form for the President’s Race. (Not available)
- Date – Saturday March 24, 2018 at Hunter Mountain, New York.
- Cost is TBD/racer and includes the lift ticket, race fee, party, lottery prizes, and a photo.
- Team size per club is unlimited. Two run, dual race. Results ranked based on racer’s best handicap. Men and women divided into three equal classes with first person in each class getting 25 points on down. Team score based on best three women point scores and best four men point scores. Therefore, racers in second and third classes can contribute equally to the team score as can best racers. Juniors are encouraged to participate but do not count towards team score.
- Party after race at Hunter Mountain. Awards will be given out for team, first, second, and third men and women in each class. All Racers receive commemorative racing photograph and NJSSC metal if they qualify. Junior boy and girl racers are divided into two age categories and given their own medals. All prizes given away lottery style. Race clinic – date TBD – at Hunter, NY.
- STANLEY SHARAGA MEMORIAL PRESIDENT’S RACE RESULTS
NJSSC Wednesday Night Race League – done for the 2017-2018 season
- The league consists of 6 nights of racing contested at Mt. Creek’s South Peak’s Kamikaze trail, beginning with a GS on January 10, 2018 (weather dependent) and alternating SL, GS, etc. for the next five weeks. Registration for the race is in the race room located in the basement of the main lodge.
- Guests are welcome to participate but do not count for club standings.
- Buy your tickets at the ticket desk upstairs in the lodge. Tell the person at the counter that you are a racer to get the discounted rate for a twilight lift ticket.
- Races start at 7:00 p.m.
- Cost for the evening is:
- Lift Ticket $20 for twilight lift ticket
- Gate Fee $10 (in cash, payable upstairs)
- After the race, enjoy some free skiing and then join us at the bar for some fine craft beer and wings.
- Awards and other prizes given out at the post-race party.
- The Consolation Race held at Hunter Mountain on March 18, 2017.
- The date and location of the Consolation Race T.B.A.
End of year race party – T.B.A.
Steamboat Trip NASTAR Race –
There was a NASTAR race during the Council’s trip to Steamboat. Please click here for the results.
For racing program information contact: